Tuition and fees deduction

Tuition and fees deduction

In my state taxes, I've ended up on a page that says items not ready for filing, talking about a recently passed law that had extended some expired tax breaks, and that I can't file until TurboTax has finalized the calculations. I signed up for an email alert when it would be ready to file, and finally got the email a little bit ago. However, when I log on, it still shows me the same page about the items not being ready and won't let me file. What am I supposed to do here???

Tuition and fees deduction

Which state are you referring to?

I am attaching the following link about the availability of all state tax forms.  Select the state and form to check updates.  As far as federal, the Form 8917 Tuition and Fees deduction is available and ready to e-file and print.

State tax forms

Tuition and fees deduction

Minnesota. I've followed that link looking at other questions for an answer, but none of those forms seem to be what the message is referring to. 

Tuition and fees deduction

Due to the Tax reform Act signed in December 2019, many forms have not been finalized by IRS.  Please check on updates after 02/03/2020

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), enacted in December 2017, was the first major change to the American tax system in 30 years. You most likely experienced some of these changes in your 2018 tax return. Your 2019 return should be similar with a few additional adjustments