Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT version

I have some investment funds and I use a financial advisor.  Every year they send to me a 1099 Consolidated Tax Statement. Which TT version will I be able to import this report and have it automatically placed into my tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

TT version

If you are going to use the TurboTax online web-based editions you will need the Premium edition to import a Form 1099-B

If you are going to use the TurboTax desktop editions then any of the editions can be used to import a Form 1099-B.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for importing Form 1099's - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/import-export-data-files/import-1099s/L2...

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

TT version

In the FAQ that DoninGA referred you to, note that you can only import the 1099 consolidated statement if the financial institution that issued the consolidated statement is a TurboTax import partner. At the beginning of the FAQ there is a link to the list of import partners.

TT version

Thank you!  Just to be clear, as long as they are an import partner, I can use any TurboTax desktop editions to import a Form 1099 including INT, B, DIV, etc ...and not just B, correct?

TT version

@gjgogol wrote:

Thank you!  Just to be clear, as long as they are an import partner, I can use any TurboTax desktop editions to import a Form 1099 including INT, B, DIV, etc ...and not just B, correct?

That is correct.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies