Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT Premier 2021 Mac app crashes

I have been on & off phone with support for 2 hours.  I uninstalled the app, emptied trash,restarted, downloaded the mac desktop software again.  And the same thing happens.

I get 'let's check for updates' then  'up to date.' And then it crashes.

I have several tax files.  Had just finished e-filing one, saved it and closed.  And now I cannot open any of my tax files

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

What is the error or message that happens when you try to open your tax files currently?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

No error message.  Spent all day Friday on calls with several support people.  Did the shared screen thing, etc. No one could help - only offered to refund.  But that was not an option to start all over.  I found a reply from last year on similar issue.  Had to uninstall app, go to Library, delete numerous associated files (uninstall by itself doesn't work - tried that too), empty trash, restart computer and download the software again from Amazon.

Unrelated, then I tried to open the 2020 app to look up something in a .tax file and it did the same thing for 2020!  It never happened in 2020.  So there's definitely something wrong with 2021 that is affecting previous years.

There is a serious bug that needs to be fixed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies