Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT desktop preview gives duplicate account in form 8938. when tried to review or save PDF, return shows 4 accts.one account is duplicate . how to delete extra account?

TurboTax desktop preview gives duplicate repeated account in form 8938.There 3 accounts input. The form tree in left pane shows only 3 accounts. But when tried to review or save PDF, the return shows 4 accounts--one account is duplicate and repeated .
 how to delete extra account?)
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

TT desktop preview gives duplicate account in form 8938. when tried to review or save PDF, return shows 4 accts.one account is duplicate . how to delete extra account?

Switch to the FORMS mode and delete the unwanted entry there. 

Thanks for reply.

But the issue is :

Switching to Forms,

TT premier desktop, in forms mode the entries are 3 .And they are correct in the left pane tree.

(After selecting' required forms for filing'  in menu  to preview or save PDF)

when try to preview the tax return or when saved as PDF THERE are 4 account forms showing up instead of CORRECT 3.The fourth one is a REAPEAT of second account with SAME details.

If I file the tax return to  IRS electronically, probably will receive 4 accounts forms INSTEAD of 3 and with repeated account.

Also the total  amount in form 8938 is increased by the duplicate amount.

So How to correct this?

Thanks

OK.

What I have done-- I deleted the whole FATCA inputs in TT interview a   and did  afresh .

I have done again with same number and same values

Now every thing is correct--Preview shows correctly. Problem solved.

Just informing.

Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies