Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

fredlvt

TT 2023 W2 import did not populate field for review -- all fields blank

TT2023 desktop gave me the option to import my W2 directly from ADP.  I did that, and the "amount owed" field changed dramatically, so I know it worked.  However, when it asked me to review the fields to ensure accuracy, none of the fields were populated.  Everything was blank.  When I selected "edit data", the popup still had all blank fields.  This is clearly a bug that needs to be fixed.

I went 'back' to my Income tab, and now cannot review the accuracy of the W2 import anymore.  So, how do I know it is accurate?

How can I review my W2 import after the fact.  Is it available from the menu items?  I cannot find it.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Switch to Forms Mode to see what' forms are there. Forms Mode is not ideal, but sometimes it can be used to correct certain errors.    Perhaps delete any W-2 forms you see in Forms Mode...then just take your W-2 paper form and enter it manually. 

Yep...sometimes imports go astray...and never use the "picture" procedure if it's offered.

It's possible that you were looking at last year's W-2...but transferred empty to this year....and the New ADP import created a second copy.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
fredlvt

After closing TT and reopening, the form was viewable.

Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies