Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

akrami23
Returning Member

Trying to upgrade to plus to download my 17 tax return but says i am using plus already when I have not.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Trying to upgrade to plus to download my 17 tax return but says i am using plus already when I have not.

The exact instructions will vary depending on the status of your 2018 TurboTax Online return (select one):

"says I am using PLUS already when I have not."

When you open your 2018 return and go to the Upgrade area, if the PLUS option is grayed out, then you are already in PLUS.  If that's your situation, then you just need to skip to the payment steps at the Print Center as described in those articles above, and pay the 19.99 by credit/debit card.  It is the paying that unlocks the prior returns.

Whatever you do, do not upgrade any farther than PLUS, or you'll have problems.

There's also a free option if a return transcript will suit your purpose.   You may be able to immediately download one at the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account there.  Otherwise, to order a transcript to come by postal mail takes 5-10 calendar days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies