How do I get PLUS in TurboTax Online if I haven't started a 2017 return yet?
To access a 2016 (or earlier) return you filed with TurboTax, you'll need to purchase PLUS Help & Tools. This 3-step process entails:
- Starting a 2017 Free Edition return (even if you don't plan to file this year),
- Selecting the PLUS upgrade, and
- Paying for PLUS.
- Go back to TurboTax, scroll up, and select File for $0 (under Free Edition).
- On the following screen, We saved your info from last year, select the blue Get started button.
- After the import finishes, click or tap Continue. On the following screen, select the orange Keep PLUS button.
- Keep going through the next 4-6 screens, answering questions as you go, until you've gone past the blue Simple and accurate screen. Now you're ready to pay:
- On the left side, select File (if you don't see this, click or tap the 3 lines in the upper-left corner to open the menu).
- Keep going until you reach the Just a few steps left... screen. On this screen, select Start next to Step 1: Review your order and follow the screens to pay with your credit card.
- After you've paid, select Tax Home on the left side. This will take you to You're doing great. Keep going!
- Select Show to expand the prior-year list and then select Download/print return (PDF) for the tax year you want.