Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trying to fill out the part for the 1095-A but I only had the insurance for 2 months out of the year. It says I cant put a 0 for column B for the our months. what can I

What value do I put in the columns?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
TomK2023
Expert Alumni

Trying to fill out the part for the 1095-A but I only had the insurance for 2 months out of the year. It says I cant put a 0 for column B for the our months. what can I

You must have Column B information entered for the required Form 8962 to generate.  Click on "click here" if Column B on your 1095-A reflects $0 on the Let's get the info from your 1095-A form page.  A pop-up window will provide further instructions.  See image below.

You can use the "Healthcare.gov/tax-tool"  or call your marketplace insurer to get the data for Column B that you need. Column C will accept zeros but not blanks.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello thanks for replying, I'm new to having marketplace insurance,  my question is do I put a value for the months I didn't have the marketplace insurance? If so, what do I put?

So here's my situation, in 2023 I only started the marketplace insurance on November and December. I had switched to a new employer that didn't offer insurance so I had go through Covered California. I've had insurance through my last employer for the other previous months of 2023. So when I enter the info for 1095-A I'm only entering the info for the months Nov and Dec, which I have. I've tried to put 0 for the all other months but it doesn't let me enter the 0 for column B. I've also tried to enter the same amount from column B into the other months just see if it'll accept it but no it still doesn't let me continue with my tax return. I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to put for the months I didn't have the marketplace insurance. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks. 

LeticiaF1
Expert Alumni

For the months that you did not have coverage, leave the boxes blank, do not enter any 0.  To go back to your 1095-A entries:

1. Continue your return
  2. Select Search and enter 1095-a
  3. Select Jump to 1095-a

What is the Premium Tax Credit (PTC) and What is Tax Form 8962?

Where do I enter my 1095-A?

@amarsingh1988 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies