Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

coveshark10
Returning Member

Transmitting my return

Our returns are ready to submit for the past two weeks, but we keep getting the same message that disallows us from submitting our e-file. It says, "Federal Information Worksheet: Disaster distribution - You can't file just yet due to disaster tax relief laws passed by Congress. This may mean a better tax outcome for taxpayers like you who took qualified disaster distributions between 2018 and 2020. We can keep working on your tax return and we'll let you know when we can help you finish up your taxes."

When will this be completed so I can file my taxes?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

Transmitting my return

The form to report 2020 and 2021 disaster distributions, 8915-F, has been updated in TurboTax.  If you are still getting this message and you are using one of the desktop versions of TurboTax, you need to install updates to the software. To install updates you can follow these steps:

1. Open TurboTax
  2. Click Online in the black menu bar at the top of the screen
  3. Click Check for Updates from the dropdown menu and install the updates.

If you need another version of Form 8915 (for disaster distributions taken in 2017, 2018, or 2019) you will need to print and mail your return.  TurboTax does not support e-file for Forms 8915-B, 8915-C, or 8915-D.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies