Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Today I put in my credit card info on turbotax to make tax payments for outstanding federal and state tax due. When will my card be charged?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Today I put in my credit card info on turbotax to make tax payments for outstanding federal and state tax due. When will my card be charged?

Do you mean you entered credit cards so that the IRS and state would debit your account for the tax you owe?   TurboTax has no control over when the IRS or state will do that.   It is up to the taxing authorities.   And....there are quite a few states that do not take payment by that method, so you had better check to see if your state will debit your account.   Look at the "filing instructions" sheet that prints out with your tax return to see if the state will allow you to pay that way.   If not, you will need to go on the state's web site, or mail the state a check or money order.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies