Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

It happened the same to me.  Now, during CoVD- 19 break down, I cannot get the stimulus check. That was do BS. Now i need to wait other 6-8 weeks to get my tax return.

SO I filed in JAN and was accepted on 1/31. I got the letter to mail or fax the forms toward the end of the month. I dropped the forms off at USPS on March 2nd.  That was almost 7 weeks ago. On where my refund tool, it still shows as processing. I of course tried to call and they're now closed. I have no one to contact and i am in complete panic mode. I am laid off and have two small chidren. I am very thankful to say I did get my stimulus check yesterday however that isn't going to help very much with all the bills i have. In a time like this I DESPERATELY need my tax refund. I have never had this issue and of course it's during COVID19. Does anyone know if someone is still at least processing these paper forms that were sent in? Or how long they'll be closed for ? Is there any other way to contact them. I'm looking for any help/insight. Anyone else mailed theres in and have recently gotten them processed since the shut down? 

@Kayleehooler  unfortunately if you mailed it in, it’s up to eight weeks from the date they received your documents.  So you might as well subtract a week from when you sent it and make that your timeline. I’m six weeks in with the same situation

Where on the IRS website on April 10th did you see that it said the IRS isn’t processing paper returns at this moment ? Just curious . I can’t find it!

sjelliott

I agree.  Filed early and did update 1095 but it apparently didn't take.  IRS sent a letter a month later asking for me to fill out and so did and faxed back.  It's been 2 months and still haven't got refund.  Thanks Turbo Tax.  This was year 16 using but not again.

sjelliott

Did you get refund?  I faxed info back to IRS a month ago and still haven't received anything.

I don’t think they’re processing the paper claims anymore so I don’t think we’ll be getting anything until they’re back for a few weeks. 

Was it ever updated on IRS? Mailed mine 2/24 I think still nothing

Just happened to me. Turbo did not mention 1095. I thought it was sent.  Now my refund is still processing.  And to boot.  I’m not getting stimulus until it is done. According to letter from IRS. Will take another 6-8 weeks.  

i Filed mi e same as you 2-24. Electronically. Was accepted.  I went back and looked.  I just re mailed the info The IRS asked for. 1095-a and form 8962.  Even though I o my recurved 2 months under aca.  I guess when this is all said abs done. As I’m running to post office today.  I will get stimulus mid June. 

I didn’t send mine in the mail. After waiting the 21 days after filing 2/6 and WMR tool kept showing processing, I called and was told about the forms for ACA to fax in (and he gave me a fax number so I wouldn’t have to wait on the letter in the mail ( which came about a week later). I faxed it in the next day but they won’t give you any type of confirmation about receiving it or any timeframe other than 6-8 weeks. After a few weeks and a few phone calls to see if anything could be told to me, I faxed the forms again to make sure they had them. Kept checking refund tool and it finally updated saying was approved and would receive on 4/8 and we finally did. This was definitely a big screw up this year and I’ve totally lost confidence in TurboTax 

My spouse and I filed separately in late February this year because I have huge student debt and was advised by loan holder that this was a way to keep my loan repayment at a rate we can handle. I got a refund within a few weeks, but it was completely offset by what my spouse had to pay. Neither of use filed the 1095-A because TurboTax didn't ask for it and we forgot - trusting blindly in the software to ask us the right questions since we've used TT for some time with no issues. Then my spouse got the letter and we are not sure how to handle this. I'm tempted to wait awhile and then file an amended joint return (through a different online filing company, of course!), remembering to add in the 1095-A. I've received my stimulus money, but he hasn't. Neither of us is allowed to work right now because we are not in essential lines of work - so the idea of having to pay back some of the Advance Payment of Premium Tax Credit is terrifying. We can't even afford the deductibles on our Medicare Advantage plans. This is what we get for working our tails off our entire adult lives in education, the arts, and public service? It isn't just corporations like Intuit not caring about "the little people" who provide their bread and butter, it's the whole corporate-profit-minded federal (and some states') government that wants our blood, sweat, tears, and even the tiny amounts of money we have. And now our only advocate in November 2020, is Uncle Joe. Great. Liz and Bernie want to make the country work for the people, I'm not sure Joe has the brains to carry it off, folksy and avuncular as he tries to be.

I have tried calling every number shown and they state can not help at this time and call again later then hangs up on me! Do you still have that number? That would be awesome!

So if it’s been a month since I mailed mine and nothings changed I shouldn’t worry ?

They are saying 8-10 weeks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies