Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

My taxes were accepted the day IRS opened the gate. Accepted a few days later. Received letter in February and nothing crickets. Dont know it new paperwork required has been accepted and when to expect it. I work for a company and I cant imagine someone xmcalling saying you just fixed my air it's not right can you please return. LOL! NO!!!! You stick with your customers to the end. Except TT. So mad no refund while house cut and Bill's piling up. Unacceptable business practice but TT says to bad so sad. Well they will be losing do much business doing taxes guessing 9 years. Ans I am done. I can do it . It was convenient but know its affecting my family. Dont hold your breathe for an update from IRS or anyone...sorry 

So I was going to call and make sure they received the missing forms I mailed in( I made the mistake of having someone else drop it off at the post office ) and am having this insane paranoia that they purposely didn’t drop them In the box 🙄😑. Am I wasting an hour of my time trying to call ?

your not insane or paranoid. I have tried to gather thru since February and transferred and disconnected. If you get thru let me know because I can't get thru

I have been waiting an extra six weeks already for my refund-TurboTax failed to understand that TWO forms were needed with the return.  I had to fax the IRS the additional form and when I called they said it might take 12 weeks.  

I am also waiting to hear about a refund from TurboTax (4 weeks and counting):  if they don't file the proper forms they really shouldn't charge $40!

We filed the 1st week of Feb. We received our State taxes this morning, probably because the insurance is a federal thing. It says on our letter that it will take 4-6 weeks after they receive the information regarding insurance. The crazy thing is when we login to IRS it doesn't say anything it is normal. 

I say if you get an insurance letter from IRS it will be close to the end of April. Hope this helps.

Truthfully, if you are concerned that person didn't put them in the mailbox I would mail them myself again or fax them over if possible. Your sanity is worth a little time and a few bucks for postage. God bless

No it just takes time!

TT took money from me when I should have been free filer; they did not file necessary health care credit forms; they refused to assist me after my return was rejected WITHOUT PAYING MORE MONEY FIRST; they deny they offer money back quarantee ... I just contacted a lawyer who is collecting information for a class action law suit. Please do the same if they have done this to you as well.

joop
Level 2

Hey guys, I'll do everyone's taxes next year, but if I goof up, it's your problem....oh wait...turbotax already does that.....

joop
Level 2

Also just read this good news at IRS on 4/10....." certain IRS services such as processing paper tax returns  are extremely limited or suspended until further notice."

I sent in my missing 1095A and 8962 on paper via USPS, so looks like my refund is in limbo until ?????...also covid stimulus money doesn't get depositied until after your tax refund?......THANKS so much TurboTax for improperly calculating my taxes, guaranteed to walk me me through every step needed to file......NOT!!!!

Filed on 2/3, prior to TT prompting for 1095-A. Called IRS March 1st and they said i'd receive a letter with info on where to send the forms. Never received a letter, supposing it went to my old address from last year, even though i filed this year with new address. Fax lines closed, they aren't processing paper  returns, and can't call to get any info.

Can't get status of stimulus check because they "can't determine eligibility" even though I meet all of the requirements. Guessing that may also be due to the address/1095-A situation.

So no tax refund, no stimulus check, and no way to get more info or fix the issue as far as I can tell. Thanks TurboTax. All of this because you didn't prompt for 1095-A like you've been doing for years. I will never use TT again.

I will say this still no letter but....I did receive stimulus as of yesterday. Apparently the issue with Turbo Tax didn’t affect this. I really wish I could talk to someone or get my letter though. I just want some type of realistic estimate. I definitely won’t ever use Turbo tax again. 

Did you file last year ?? If so you can go on the IRS website and update address and bank account information to Atleast get the stimulus . I know it sucks because you can’t even talk to a live person at the IRS. TT sucks. 

Filed last year but had to pay, so no direct deposit and lived at a different address. I don't see a way to update direct deposit or address except through the Get My Money tool, which is unavailable for me. 

My spouse and I filed separately this year and we both missed submitting our 1095-A because TurboTax never asked for it and we just blindly obeyed the directions. Now he has the same letter. My understanding is that you must fax or mail a copy of your 1095-A, fill out a (quite complex in our situation) form 8962 to figure out which of you owes what amount of the Advance Premium Tax Credit, and a copy of the letter. I'm also very disappointed in Intuit/TurboTax for not asking about the 1095-A! Are they owned by Republicans and are trying to damage the ACA even more? I certainly won't be using them again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies