• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emily-casey-16

I had winnings from an incentive savings account that I received a 1099-MISC for. What source of 1099-MISC income is this?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

I had winnings from an incentive savings account that I received a 1099-MISC for. What source of 1099-MISC income is this?

This would be considered a one-time prize winnings. When entering your 1099-MISC, you would select "This was prize winnings." under the uncommon situation (See Screenshot).

To enter 1099-MISC information in TurboTax, log into your tax return (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here and click on "Take me to my return") type "1099misc" in the search bar then select "jump to 1099misc". TurboTax will guide you in entering this information.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DS30

This would be considered a one-time prize winnings. When entering your 1099-MISC, you would select "This was prize winnings." under the uncommon situation (See Screenshot).

To enter 1099-MISC information in TurboTax, log into your tax return (for TurboTax Online sign-in, click Here and click on "Take me to my return") type "1099misc" in the search bar then select "jump to 1099misc". TurboTax will guide you in entering this information.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v