Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

@MichaelDesna wrote:

Hi Mr. Bean, 

On a Mac there is no "updates" to click on. I finally resorted to completely shut my computer down and then restart it. I then opened TT and an update came up which I installed and the problem went away and I was able to e file.

Congrats!  I'm glad you could efile.  You are correct that if using the Mac version, the updates are automatic when you restart the program.   It is the Windows software users who can use the TurboTax interface to manually "check for updates."

This is a lie.  All the information states that they can till you get into doing you taxes.  I started mine on 1/29, and while i was doing it told me I had to wait till feb, but there was no specific date in regards to the 5695.  So I wait till the 15th, i complete and EFILE, only to have it rejected from the IRS.  When I log into "fix" the error, there is another message stating that I should wait till 2/23 and try again.  Now everything on your website states I can file, has no wording of this.  You blame the IRS but you do not notify your customers.  That is very misleading, you charge me 160 plus dollars on 1/29 though.  Which makes no sense seeing as I still can not file.  And are we even sure that the 2/23 date is accurate, as the information on this site implies it was corrected.  I also attempted to simply remove the form to try to file, I tried 5 times, it appeared that it was, but when I double checked it, it was not.  So here Turbo Tax is holding my forms hostage, that I already paid for, letting me get rejected by the IRS, and making up dates after the fact.

Did you try shutting down your computer and restarting it ? Then, start Turbo Tax again and see if any updates come up. I had a similar problem. I shut down my Mac and rebooted it and an update came up. I installed the update, relaunched TT,  and the issues went away and I was able to e file. 

I wish that was the issue.  Turbo Tax implies you can efile, and it lets you do it.  Waits to you get rejected and sends you a message that you need to wait till 2/23/24.  I tried deleting the form and not using it, as it is a small credit, it won't let me do that either,  I tried chat person, she exitted cause I did not type fast enough, I tried calling, and she says I never heard of it, which is odd to me seeing as I clearly have a message sent from turbo tax saying it doesn't work.  Although nothing on website site states anything about a 2/23 date.  So I can't delete the form to file without it, can't clear my taxes cause they already took my 189 payment on 1/29, so it will not let me, Can't adjust my forms cause it will not let me, which means I can't mail them either.  Turbox Tax is literally holding my taxes hostage, till they figure out their software, I could start all over somewhere else, and pay again, but then do I get a refund from turbox tax?  In the end their false advertising has my taxes in limbo.

That all sucks. It would be nice if they had a dedicated customer service number that we could call to help us like other businesses and not rely on each other to try to figure things out ! 

pkm1
Level 3

I agree that TT should have better customer service with accurate information, however ultimately TT did resolve the issue. I did try other tax services and found they did not do my taxes as well as TT and their refunds were lower due to not importing past losses properly. Some indicated that they were able to efile with H&R before 2/1, but since the IRS did not finalize form 7206 until 2/1 I have to wonder if they filed all forms correctly. Several people indicated that they deleted 7206 so that they could efile, however if they have self employed health insurance deductions form 7206 is a required form to properly file.  TT is a great program but the company needs to improve cosumer ease of access to correct customer service.

I couldn't have said that better myself. Are you listening, Turbo Tax management ? 🤔

Ally07
Returning Member

I am still getting this message as of 2/22 for the Qualified Disaster form. The Turbo Tax website says it’s ready for efile, yet it actually isn’t. When I finally spoke with a supervisor they said it would be available 2/21. It wasn’t ready by then. Now they’ve pushed it back to 2/28. This is ridiculous.

Ally, try shutting down your computer and then restarting it. Then, open up Turbo Tax and see if any updates come up. Install the updates and hopefully that will solve the problem. That's what worked for me and I was able to e file right after that. 

Ally07
Returning Member

Thanks so much Michael, I will give it a try!

Ally07
Returning Member

Nothing with the reboot. If still says “The IRS hasn’t finalized one or more of your forms ….” 

Ally, which form does the IRS say it hasn't "finalized" ?

Omeads
Returning Member

Having the same issue with my 2024 NY State Partnership return. I tried to file back in January, was given an error. Tried a week later on 2/2. This time my federal went through but no word of State or City returns. Now my dashboard is stuck on Tax home page with 'Federal Return Accepted!" but I can't find or edit my state or city returns at all. I've contacted support multiple times and been told to wait and wait and wait each time. Apparently when the forms finally do get updated there's a chance mine will not work at all as the program wasn't supposed to let me file my federal at all, but it did anyways. 

Ally07
Returning Member

Hello,

This is the “Qualified Disaster Form” I believe this is 8912F? It is the Qualified Disaster form though.

@Ally07 wrote:

Hello,

This is the “Qualified Disaster Form” I believe this is 8912F? It is the Qualified Disaster form though.

Did you indicate in the TurboTax program that you made a withdrawal from a tax deferred retirement account due to a federally declared disaster that occurred in 2021, 2022 or 2023?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies