Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

No I've tried everything I know

Thanks for the suggestion! Has anyone tried it and had success with resolving the e-file issue?

No because then it's not qualified income just wait hopefully they fix it.  Don't give this government nothing extra to come after you.  And get all that's owed to you.

If you have a schedule C, which you probably do, you can't file until they get thisbfixed. They are supposedly aware of the issue and working it. They think they will have it fixed tonight. Give it a day or two tonuodate and try again.

The only form printing for me is 8889 for HSA, yet TT shows ready for e-file.

This is still an issue on 1/30, so the 1/29 date does not appear to be the issue.  I ran through the entire list of Form applicability from TT and I have NONE of the ones listed as either eFile incompatible NOR any of the ones with future availability dates in February.  WTH Intuit/TT?  I even asked a friend from HR Block and they can't explain why this is an issue.  I've used TT for more than 10 years, but this is looking like the last time.

Same here. Apparently, TT doesn't seem to care about these filing issues.

I see a lot of people making reference to a Schedule C, but I believe this is not just limited to that as I can't e-file my Schedule F. I thought it might be my 1099s, but I deleted them to check and still no e-file. Spoke to someone last night for 1+hrs, their Lead couldn't figure it out, and apparently the technical team was assign a ticket that could take 48hrs. Just to note the first person I spoke to said that the Schedule F was the reason and that I couldn't e-file it (which you can and I have).  

I can't see turbo tax recovering at this point, 15 yrs I've used them , I believe they are failing miserably, I won't be using them again. Very strange they won't address this openly. 

eldercm
Returning Member

Today is 1/30/2024 and I'm still getting the error message. Is there an update? Using TTD Home & Business.

TT employee just messaged me saying it's a schedule c issue,  they are working on it ? 

eldercm
Returning Member

Were you successful in sending your return electronically. I'm still getting the error message. I'm using the software, Home & Business.

No it tells me I must print and mail both my federal and state same messages for 4 days

I removed my Schedule C info and still receive the message.

When I deleted my wife's 1099-NECs (not just the forms in the back end, but deleted her self-employed income reporting completely) it did let me get all the way to the e-file step. But obviously I can't submit like that. (I posted this yesterday as well, but adding some context for others here again). So it does seem very specific to that portion.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies