Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

whelchelg
Returning Member

This return has certain forms that can't be e-filed

Got same issue.  Tried to file this morning 1/29.  Nothing has changed in the forms I have been using for the past 12 years.  Turbo Tax is worthless if it does not allow e-file anymore with a better explanation than the message I get.  FIX THIS NOW!

Im getting this same message, my tax sistuation has not changed in the past 5 years and I have always e-filed.

Whats going on with this?

Just as a test, I deleted my Schedule C and it went through the efile motion, so something in business section forms seems to be causing this issue, I guess we will have to wait till they fix the problem.

Users are still posting so I will repeat.  KNOWN ISSUE THEY ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE.  Not that you shouldn't be frustrated and post to that effect.  It would be nice if the 4 other people I talked to were informed so this wasn't such a difficult process.  Perhaps they literally just discovered the problem which would also be frustrating as long as this thread has been running.

whelchelg
Returning Member

Removing Schedule C has seemed to fix there issue.  Either that, or Turbo Tax fixed the issue within the last 5 minutes!!!

1/29 no update and still cant e-file.  

Users are still posting so I will repeat.  KNOWN ISSUE THEY ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE.  Not that you shouldn't be frustrated and post to that effect.  It would be nice if the 4 other people I talked to were informed so this wasn't such a difficult process.  Perhaps they literally just discovered the problem which would also be frustrating as long as this thread has been running.

I posted on their facebook account earlier. Told me to send an instant message. I did and it said they usually reply within a couple of hours

I was able to "fix" it as well by deleting Schedule C.  I have no idea why TT included it as it was blank and not relevant to my return.

They need to fix the problem, you cant just delete the schedule C if your using that form for income and expenses you need to show.  why did they even mess this up?  been filing the same for 15+ years and never a issue.  If its not broke dont try and fix it TT!

I was able to "fix" it as well be deleting Schedule C.  I have no idea why TT included it as it was blank and not relevant to my return.

<reply>

That's great if you can do that but if I do it changes my tax return and not for the better. I would also have to do an amended form.

I deleted Schedule C and the worksheet then TT proceeded with efiling federal.  My Sched C was a leftover from last year and was not applicable this year.

Why is the title of this page "solved" when clearly the problem is not solved?

Or has the 'mystery' about it who's problem this is been solved? Meaning, we now know TurboTax is aware of the fact that it's their problem ...

<<Why is the title of this page "solved" when clearly the problem is not solved?

Beacause TT has solved the why is this happening, but not fixed it.

That would be an "Aha!!!!", not "Solved"

Correct. My "Ahah" moment was taking the PDF file from my TT22 and importing it into FreeTaxUSA. I was able to update and file 23 taxes relatively easily this morning. Ill be requesting a refund on TT23 today. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies