Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

This is mid- February and I am still getting the message preventing importing my 2023 tax data into Turbo Tax.

Quicken consistently fails with the message "There seems to be some issue importing the Quicken data. ..."

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

This is mid- February and I am still getting the message preventing importing my 2023 tax data into Turbo Tax.

Yes, some people experience problems with importing. Follow this link to go over the basic troubling shooting options for importing from Quicken. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

These instructions do not solve the problem / bug.  It is a work-around that is not as helpful as a direct import.  I have been doing the direct import for years without issue.  This needs to be fixed

This really isnt a link to troubleshooting the error.  It is instruction to complete an import.  That part is failing for me as well.  Can we get an update on the investigation of this issue?

shrekfl

I'm also having same failure.  Using Turbotax Home and Business and Importing from Quicken Classic Business & Professiona.

Will there be a fixt to this?  

Is Turbto Tax working on the issue?

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Please try the steps in this TurboTax help article, if you haven't already. It was last updated about a month ago. Quicken users have also been reporting issues in the Quicken community.

Note for other users: TurboTax Online no longer supports Quicken import. To import tax information from Quicken, use the TurboTax Desktop software.

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

In order to advance a current investigation into this issue we are asking if you would be willing to provide a sanitized copy of your Quicken .TXF file you are trying to import.  

The sanitized file should be emailed to ttax@intuit.com with a reference to INV-28640.

See the instructions in the link below to create the sanitized data file:

Quicken - What is a "sanitized file"?

@dneren 

@CVChief 

@shrekfl 

My problem isn’t importing from a txt file.  My problems is the direct import from quicken doesn’t work 

I was able to import a text file.  I just never had to do this as the quicken import always worked. 

shrekfl

All ... apologies for late reply.

I was able to export successfully export my "Report to Tax Export File" from Quicken and import into Turbo Tax. 

I've seen instructions on how to do this on the Turbo Tax community, but was not able to make it work until last weekend.   Unsure if an update from Turbo Tax resolved the importing of Tax Export Files. 

However, the integration from importing directly from Quicken still did not work.

Below is how I got it to work.  

In Quicken Desktop:

Menu --> Reports -->Tax -->Tax Schedule

The Tax Schedule Report will show open in a window.

From Tax Schedule Report, click on the the Export Button and choose Tax Export File (.txf)

(not Export to Text File .txt)

This will save the report in a .TXF file in a local file on your PC.

(not ... not TXT file but .TXF.  The export to text file (.txt) will not import into Turbo Tax.)

In Turbo Tax, when the import screen comes up "Where do you want to import From?"

Choose the "From Tax Exchange Format (TXF) file and select the file you saved on your local PC.

The import worked and all information I needed form Schedule C and E  was imported.  

ShrekFL

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies