Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Reject code ind66602 How do I transfer my saved efile 2017 to the taxcut.com site, if software is purchased out and I keep on looking for the option but can't find it?

Purchase software at Amazon, not here. E file was rejected but how do I transfer the saved file Turbo Tax software saved for me? Need to fix this IND-666-02. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Reject code ind66602 How do I transfer my saved efile 2017 to the taxcut.com site, if software is purchased out and I keep on looking for the option but can't find it?

This is an Identity Protection rejection, and it will not matter what site you use to prepare your return.  From the IRS web page linked below:

"In our continuing efforts to strengthen protections against identity theft refund fraud, the IRS made some modifications to the way tax returns are processed through Modernized e-File (MeF) beginning with the 2016 tax season. MeF is rejecting returns based on characteristics that have been deemed highly suspicious. In order to protect taxpayers, returns will reject with Business Rules IND-664, IND-665, IND-666, IND-667 or IND-672.  This applies only to electronically filed (e-file) 1040 family tax returns.  If you believe that your return was rejected in error, you may still file the return on paper. For your protection, you must either have a tax professional file your return or submit a paper filed return."

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/modernized-efile-business-rules-ind-664-ind-665-ind-666-ind-667...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

This is an Identity Protection rejection, and it will not matter what site you use to prepare your return.  From the IRS web page linked below:

"In our continuing efforts to strengthen protections against identity theft refund fraud, the IRS made some modifications to the way tax returns are processed through Modernized e-File (MeF) beginning with the 2016 tax season. MeF is rejecting returns based on characteristics that have been deemed highly suspicious. In order to protect taxpayers, returns will reject with Business Rules IND-664, IND-665, IND-666, IND-667 or IND-672.  This applies only to electronically filed (e-file) 1040 family tax returns.  If you believe that your return was rejected in error, you may still file the return on paper. For your protection, you must either have a tax professional file your return or submit a paper filed return."

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/modernized-efile-business-rules-ind-664-ind-665-ind-666-ind-667...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies