Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NS1J

Third Stimulus Payment

I hate to start a new "thread" because I'll bet this has been asked.  When I get near the end of filing my 2021 taxes with Turbotax Premier I get to the issue of the third stimulus payment received.  First of all, I do not remember whether or not I received this.  I went back through my bank account, line by line, and I don't find a payment.  I don't know what Letter 6475 is or how it would have been received.  The "Where can I find my payment amount" link sends you to the old IRS get payment tool, which no longer functions.  Instead, it sends you to their new login system where you log into what appears to be your account but does not have a way to see the history of payments you have received.  (There is a link to payments you have made.)   There simply must be a way to answer this very question that impacts just about every tax filer:  Did I receive that payment or not.  The Turbotax page just asks you if the amount you received matches what they think you should have received.  This is a Yes or No.  There needs to be a Damned if I Know check box.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Third Stimulus Payment

If you have no memory of receiving that third stimulus payment of $1400 per person which was sent out beginning in mid-March of 2021, and you have no bank records showing that you received $1400 per person last year, and did not receive letter 6475 about the 3rd EIP payment, then the other place for you to check is your online account with the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

If the IRS says that you received the $1400 last year, and you say you did not receive it, your refund will be delayed and reduced by $1400.   So it is important to answer correctly.   

If the IRS says you got the $1400, and you think they are wrong, you can have the payment traced.

LOST THIRD STIMULUS CHECK

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/questions-and-answers-about-the-third-economic-impact-payment-topic-j-p...

If you did NOT receive the $1400 last year, you say NO to the question and $1400 will be added to line 30 of your Form 1040, and will be added to your refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
DCV3

Third Stimulus Payment

My husband and I each received a separate letter 6475 from the IRS with the amount we received as a stimulus payment in the US mail. If you didn't receive a stimulus payment, your household may have earned more than $150,000 that year and thus were not eligible for a payment. This is determined by the earnings shown on your tax return for the year prior.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies