Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Estimated tax vouchers for 2019 were provided for me based on my 2018 federal tax return. what if i don't anticipate my total income to be as high in 2019 as estimated?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Estimated tax vouchers for 2019 were provided for me based on my 2018 federal tax return. what if i don't anticipate my total income to be as high in 2019 as estimated?

They are estimates and if you think the amount should be smaller, you can write across it and pay a smaller amount each quarter or go back into TurboTax and enter new projections and get some new ones printed.

Some who know income is going way down, for example may make one or no payments at all.  As long as you pay in 90% of tax for 2019 (there are some other exceptions).

For much more detail see below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301891

View solution in original post

1 Reply

They are estimates and if you think the amount should be smaller, you can write across it and pay a smaller amount each quarter or go back into TurboTax and enter new projections and get some new ones printed.

Some who know income is going way down, for example may make one or no payments at all.  As long as you pay in 90% of tax for 2019 (there are some other exceptions).

For much more detail see below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301891

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies