Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

There's an extra $20.00 (biweekly) taken from my pay check, why is it the W-2 does not reflect that saving?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

There's an extra $20.00 (biweekly) taken from my pay check, why is it the W-2 does not reflect that saving?

If you write on the W-4, "withhold an extra $20", that money is already taken out of your check and is reflected on your pay stub and in box 2 of your W-2.  Box 2 is already $20 per week more than it would be without that notation.

There is no separate notation for additional withholding, its all part of the total.

If you think your employer is not honoring that request, you would have to compare your actual withholding with the results from the tables here https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15a.pdf

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Are you saying that the number taxes withheld on your W-2 is wrong?

If you write on the W-4, "withhold an extra $20", that money is already taken out of your check and is reflected on your pay stub and in box 2 of your W-2.  Box 2 is already $20 per week more than it would be without that notation.

There is no separate notation for additional withholding, its all part of the total.

If you think your employer is not honoring that request, you would have to compare your actual withholding with the results from the tables here https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15a.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies