Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

zcook7845

Can I check the status of my refund after filing form 8379 after my entire 2016 return had already been taken due to my spouse's debt?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

Can I check the status of my refund after filing form 8379 after my entire 2016 return had already been taken due to my spouse's debt?

There is no way to track the status of your Injured Spouse claim (or the expected refund).

According to the IRS instructions for Form 8379 - Injured Spouse Allocation:

Generally, if you file Form 8379 with a joint return on paper, the time needed to process it is about 14 weeks (11 weeks if filed electronically). If you file Form 8379 by itself after a joint return has been processed, the time needed is about 8 weeks.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Of course I think IRS is lying, they were not to busy to cash the check I sent them, injured spouse pay taxes also. If there is no way to track status, at least give correct information or be honest!

HAS ANYONE EVER RECIEVED A STIMULUS CHECK FROM FILING FORM 8379?????????- PLEASE ANSWER, ANYONE. YES Or NO WILL EASE MY MIND

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies