turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

There is an "Untitled" line in the 1099-INT section of my tax form. There is no option to delete it as it's not showing under the "Review Form List." Where can I adjust?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

There is an "Untitled" line in the 1099-INT section of my tax form. There is no option to delete it as it's not showing under the "Review Form List." Where can I adjust?

A few users have reported seeing the program generate an untitled 1099-INT, but the reason is not clear.  Perhaps one went to that screen but didn't actually finishing a 1099-INT.  

You may have already tried the first 2 suggestions in this answer, but I've provided the whole answer just in case it's helpful to other users who see this thread.  If so, just skip them, and I've also said below what to do if you don't see evidence of it in the "Review Forms List."

When you go to the 1099-INT interview again, you should see a 1099-INT Summary screen.  Is the untitled 1099-INT listed there?  If so, there should be a delete button.    But it may not show up there.

So if it doesn't show up there, or if it refuses to be deleted that way, here are some things to do.

• With your return open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window, choose "Delete a form."
  • See if it shows the untitled 1099-INT.  It will probably say something like "Schedule B -  Form 1099-INT (untitled.)." 
  • If it shows up there, delete that form, and then see if the 1099-INT (untitled) is gone.
  • If you continue to get the error, then go back to "Delete a form" and delete the entire Schedule B which will delete all of its subforms and resets Schedule B.   That unfortunately means re-entering all Schedule B items (interest/dividends, etc. on 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID, interest from a K-1, etc).
NOTE:  It's also possible that in "Delete a form" that you may not see a listing for the "Schedule B- Form 1099-INT (untitled)" at all.  In that case you can delete the actual Schedule B to reset it.  That will remove Schedule B and all it's subforms.  You will then have to re-enter all the Schedule B entries again (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID, interest from a K-1, etc.).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

A few users have reported seeing the program generate an untitled 1099-INT, but the reason is not clear.  Perhaps one went to that screen but didn't actually finishing a 1099-INT.  

You may have already tried the first 2 suggestions in this answer, but I've provided the whole answer just in case it's helpful to other users who see this thread.  If so, just skip them, and I've also said below what to do if you don't see evidence of it in the "Review Forms List."

When you go to the 1099-INT interview again, you should see a 1099-INT Summary screen.  Is the untitled 1099-INT listed there?  If so, there should be a delete button.    But it may not show up there.

So if it doesn't show up there, or if it refuses to be deleted that way, here are some things to do.

• With your return open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window, choose "Delete a form."
  • See if it shows the untitled 1099-INT.  It will probably say something like "Schedule B -  Form 1099-INT (untitled.)." 
  • If it shows up there, delete that form, and then see if the 1099-INT (untitled) is gone.
  • If you continue to get the error, then go back to "Delete a form" and delete the entire Schedule B which will delete all of its subforms and resets Schedule B.   That unfortunately means re-entering all Schedule B items (interest/dividends, etc. on 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID, interest from a K-1, etc).
NOTE:  It's also possible that in "Delete a form" that you may not see a listing for the "Schedule B- Form 1099-INT (untitled)" at all.  In that case you can delete the actual Schedule B to reset it.  That will remove Schedule B and all it's subforms.  You will then have to re-enter all the Schedule B entries again (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID, interest from a K-1, etc.).
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies