Yes, Form 8915-E is available on TurboTax. You might want to clear your cache when you sign into TurboTax.
Go to the interview section and navigate to the retirement section and indicate that you took a withdrawal from your retirement account. This will trigger the form.
What is your code in box 7 of your 1099-R?
If you use TurboTax Online then the code 1B might not trigger the COVID distribution question. Please see users dmertz workaround below how to enter it in TurboTax Online.
- Login to your TurboTax Account
- Click on the Search box on the top and type “1099-R”
- Click on “Jump to 1099-R” and enter all 1099-R information, enter code "1" but do not enter code "B" in box 7
- Continue until "Tell us if any of these uncommon situations apply" screen
- Select "I took out this money because of a qualified disaster (includes COVID-19)"
- Answer all questions in regards to the COVID distribution to trigger that you qualify for the Qualified Disaster Retirement treatment.
- On the “Review your 1099-R info” screen click "edit" and add code "B" to the 1099-R Form entry.
- When you continue the COVID questions are still accessible
You can choose to have the distribution taxed over 2020, 2021, and 2022 instead of only in 2020. You’ll have three years to pay back the funds you withdrew, without the amount impacting that year’s cap on contributions. If you pay back the amount within that time, you’ll be able to claim a refund on those taxes paid when you file an amended tax return. Please see IRS Coronavirus-related relief for retirement plans and IRAs for more details.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
None of that actually works!
There is no jump to 1099-r and no further directions that work.
Turbo Tax has been my go to resource for year, but NEVER again
You will not see the 8915-E form unless yiu prints all forms and worksheets.
The 8915-E form is created in the 1099-R interview when you answer yes to the "Was this distribution COVID related?"
Except it didn't. And although TurboTax support acknowledged there was an issue, their only response was to tell me to get the desktop version also, after paying for the online. Guess I'll just start over with H&RBlock!