The program was saying that I didn't enter my agi from last year correctly, so it said to file by mail instead. i found my last years agi, so i just want to efile my taxes, and now it won't let me go back.

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.  See screenshot

This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.

1. From the menu on the left, select File (tap in the upper-left corner to expand the menu on mobile devices). This will put you on the [Name], just X more steps and we'll file your returns screen.
  2. Go to Step 3 (if needed, revisit Steps 1 and/or 2 to activate Step 3).
  3. Proceed, and make sure you've selected the option I want to e-file.
  4. Continue through the screens, and soon you'll see the place to enter your 2017 AGI.
  5. Keep going until you’ve re-transmitted your return.