Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mamamids

The payment I owe changed after I fixed a rejected return. Will Tt deduct the new full amount from the bank account I originally gave, or do I pay elsewhere?

My payment amount increased once I fixed it. I gave permission for the first amount I owed to be deducted from my bank account. After it was rejected, I fixed it. It was then accepted, but my payment amount increased. Will they only deduct the original amount, and I will need to pay the rest through the IRS? Will the new full amount be deducted through Turbotax? Or, will I need to pay the new full amount through the IRS site?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

The payment I owe changed after I fixed a rejected return. Will Tt deduct the new full amount from the bank account I originally gave, or do I pay elsewhere?

Since the federal tax return was rejected by the IRS, there was no information concerning the return received by the IRS.

After you correct the error for the rejection the new amount of taxes owed will be sent with the corrected e-filed tax return.  If the IRS accepts the corrected tax return then the amount of taxes owed will be debited from your bank account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies