Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

deh_clmbr

I want to e-file on 4/15 No later than April 15, 2019 to avoid penalties. I choose April 15th and it will not accept that date. How do I E-pay without paying late?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
ttuser02d

I want to e-file on 4/15 No later than April 15, 2019 to avoid penalties. I choose April 15th and it will not accept that date. How do I E-pay without paying late?

I have the same problem!  If we directly pay at IRS site, will they take both Federal and State payments?
Bridget2

The other reason this could be happening is because the debit withdrawal date will be 4/16 because banks have a cutoff time at 3pm, but the tax return will still be filed on time if filed by 11:59pm on 4/15/19. You can only pay Fed on the IRS site.
deh_clmbr

So if I choose 4/16 and the withdrawal is on that date will there be a penalty?  It is not letting me choose 4/15 but it says in the rules that it cant be after 4/15 to avoid penalties?
WeronikaS

Bridget2

The other reason this could be happening is because the debit withdrawal date will be 4/16 because banks have a cutoff time at 3pm, but the tax return will still be filed on time if filed by 11:59pm on 4/15/19. 

deh_clmbr

If we make the payment directly, when do I file or do I need to file an extension?
WeronikaS

You can still file today using TurboTax, but select check as a payment method.
cruzm408

Thank you.  I ended up filing an extension but paying for the tax directly on the federal site.
Bridget2

This is a known issue they are looking into currently.

You can go to the IRS website and make a payment there. https://directpay.irs.gov/directpay/payment?execution=e1s1

ttuser02d

If we make the payment directly, when do I file or do I need to file an extension?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies