cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

I owed on my taxes - so I paid through the IRS. But I saw that I was charged again on 4/12/2019. So I overpaid my tax due. How do I get the second payment back?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 1

I owed on my taxes - so I paid through the IRS. But I saw that I was charged again on 4/12/2019. So I overpaid my tax due. How do I get the second payment back?

The IRS should catch the double payment and issue you a refund.  You can also contact the IRS regarding the double payment for more information.

You can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040

They will not issue a refund for 7-10 days until the most recent payment is applied to your account.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 1

The IRS should catch the double payment and issue you a refund.  You can also contact the IRS regarding the double payment for more information.

You can call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040

They will not issue a refund for 7-10 days until the most recent payment is applied to your account.

Level 1

They were able to assist me. It is coming in as a check. Thank you for the information!