Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone ever been under review for Federal Return?

My bars came back and I finally received my taxes. The ta helped speed mine up. Hope everyone else receives theirs. Good luck

I received a letter from the IRS stating that my returns are under review and the 60day and that was up may 6th and still nothing. I called them and the rep said that he would send a note but that could take another 60days. Anyone know of anything else I can do. I'm so over this
jws0513

We called on the 60th day and they had to send a letter of release, but they said it can take another 60 days to come. Grrrr I'm so done and will NEVER use turbotax ever gain.

@ashleyshavetta89 Lucky you

@jws0513 I am thinking it has to do with Turbo Tax also...

Sorry, but neither TT nor its competitors has any control over how fast the IRS processes tax returns. For 2018, you can change your withholding so that you do not have to wait for a refund at tax time.

The IRS does some processing after accepting an e-filed return but before they mail you the refund. There are a variety of things they check for - verification of identity being prominent now.

The IRS will either send you a letter asking you to clarify something on your return, a letter asking you to accept a change that they have made to your return, or (if they don't find anything), just send you your refund.

There is nothing you can do to speed this up - just be sure to watch your mail box (this is all done by US Mail) for a letter - or hope your notification is your refund.

Wow. You answered better than the IRS worker themself. Thank you! So, it can go either way? I just have to wait things out?

Yes, just be patient and if you do get a letter respond promptly and accurately.
aunpace06

So rep told me this today hold placed on 2/15/18  as of  today 02 23 no notices to be sent out how long will it take and will the check be by usps

@aunpace06 I’m not sure what you are trying to say?

@aunpace06  I was told the same thing when I called 2/23. I was told the wait time is up to 45 days for the review to be complete and given no reason for the review. I filed and it was accepted on 2/2.

The IRS doesn't have to give you any reason ... just a heads up that the return is being delayed.
aunpace06

I'm all confused wondering if it will be deposited into my account or coming by usps
aunpace06

Anyone here been through this before ...how long was the process if they stopped it and haven't found any errors then what...
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies