Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I and My boyfriend use the same turbotax deluxe download software to file our federal taxes?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Can I and My boyfriend use the same turbotax deluxe download software to file our federal taxes?

The answer is yes. See my answer below. It is different from the online product described in retiree's answer.

The CD/download product installed on your computer can be used to prepare an unlimited number of Federal returns and efile up to 5 for the purchase of one download.

If you are using the On-Line version, one of the features is that the  user ID/account can be used for ONE and only one tax return --e-filed or printed/mailed.  (Has always been this way)

If you need (or try) to prepare more than one return you MUST create a new user ID/account and pay for EACH return  --if you want to use the on-line version.  The same e-mail address can be used for multiple DIFFERENT account ID's.

If you try to prepare a second return using the same ID you will overwrite all data for the first return
and it will be lost forever; thus if the IRS challenges your first return you will no longer have a basis
to respond to questions.

Starting another return (with the Online version)
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894512-how-do-i-start-a-second-return-in-turbotax-online

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies