turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot get TurboTax Deluxe 2017 to import financial data from my broker this year, which it has done in previous years. What is different this year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

I cannot get TurboTax Deluxe 2017 to import financial data from my broker this year, which it has done in previous years. What is different this year?

Since you've done this before, I'm sure you know how to import the information.  Just in case, though, I'm adding the TurboTax FAQ that includes instructions below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3389470

Make sure your broker is still partnering with TurboTax for the import feature.  In the info I just posted, there is a hyperlink to see the partner lists.

If you are still unsuccessful, I'd try saving your file and closing your TurboTax program.  Clear your browser cookies and empty the cache.  Maybe even re-boot your computer, or try a different browser.

If problems persist, you may want to contact your brokerage firm to make sure the files are "ready" for import.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Since you've done this before, I'm sure you know how to import the information.  Just in case, though, I'm adding the TurboTax FAQ that includes instructions below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3389470

Make sure your broker is still partnering with TurboTax for the import feature.  In the info I just posted, there is a hyperlink to see the partner lists.

If you are still unsuccessful, I'd try saving your file and closing your TurboTax program.  Clear your browser cookies and empty the cache.  Maybe even re-boot your computer, or try a different browser.

If problems persist, you may want to contact your brokerage firm to make sure the files are "ready" for import.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Thanks.  I got it to work finally.  Not sure why. I emptied cache and rebooted.  But I also ran TurboTax without connecting to my office's VPN and it worked.  Before I was connected through the VPN.  So, perhaps the problem was the VPN?  In any case, thanks.
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

It could have been the VPN.  Just so happy it's working now!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies