Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ajc12

New Tax law says for married/Joint $24K for standard deduction, my new CD only shows $12,700. How will this update?

With the new tax law just passed, what will TurboTax do with the CD's already out there that have the lower %, (such as mine)  Example   Standard Deduction is now at $24,000 for married/jointly, the CD I purchased from you indicate 2016 &2017 Standard Deduction is $12,700 - Please advise

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

New Tax law says for married/Joint $24K for standard deduction, my new CD only shows $12,700. How will this update?

The $24k goes into effect for 2018 returns filed in 2019, not 2017 ones.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/irs-tax-return/2017-tax-reform-legislation-what-you-should-know...>
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I wish TT would increase the type size for the following in that link:
 "the bill won't affect your taxes for 2017 (the one you file in 2018)."
ajc12

Thank you, I article I read didnt show that
ajc12

Thank you to all who replied

There's lot of misinformation out there.

The $24k goes into effect for 2018 returns filed in 2019, not 2017 ones.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies