Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hpylori1

Is it true that I cannot import information from my 2015 turbotax deluxe return into my already started 2016 return, without losing what I have already entered?

Turbotax deluxe disc.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is it true that I cannot import information from my 2015 turbotax deluxe return into my already started 2016 return, without losing what I have already entered?

Yes, that is correct.  You can only transfer a 2015 data file into a new blank 2016 return.

You said "TurboTax Deluxe disc" but didn't say what year(s) that referred to.   Next to your forum display name above it is showing an icon for "Online Deluxe."

Are you using Online TurboTax for your 2016 return, but used the 2015 CD version last year?  You would indeed have to clear the 2016 online return as part of the process to upload the 2015 data file.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes, that is correct.  You can only transfer a 2015 data file into a new blank 2016 return.

You said "TurboTax Deluxe disc" but didn't say what year(s) that referred to.   Next to your forum display name above it is showing an icon for "Online Deluxe."

Are you using Online TurboTax for your 2016 return, but used the 2015 CD version last year?  You would indeed have to clear the 2016 online return as part of the process to upload the 2015 data file.

hpylori1

Thank you. No, both years were from discs, but several years ago I may have used online.

You're welcome.  Sorry you have to start it over.  Good luck.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies