Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dlaing1

Technical support

The instructions on the Turbotax summary page for my Colorado state tax return says "Do not mail a paper copy of your tax return. Since you filed electronically, the Colorado Department of Revenue already has your return."  I wasn't asked to pay a fee to file electronically and I have checked the status of my retun with the Colorado Department of Revenue and they show that my return has not been received. 

My federal return was filed electronically and I have received my retun.

Can you please enlighten me as to whether electronically filing the federal return passes my information to the state for processing of my state return and if not should I mail my return to the state?  [ The message is confusing]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Technical support

Unless you indicated otherwise in the File section of the program the state tax return and the federal tax return should have both been e-filed.

Check the E-file status of the state return.  Click on the File menu in the upper left of the desktop program screen.  Click on Electronic Filing and then Check Electronic Filing Status.  If the status does not show the Colorado state return as being Accepted, then it probably was not e-filed.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for e-filing a state tax return after the federal return has been e-filed - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/state-taxes/e-file-state-already-filed-f...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies