Solved: Tax2015 transfer failed

Tax2015 transfer failed

Download TurboTax 2015 premier. But it cannot find files of type tax2015

Tax2015 transfer failed

To Contact Customer Service during office hours M-F 5am-5pm Pacific (8-8 Eastern) https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ 

Tax2015 transfer failed

Are you trying to finish or amend a 2015 Online return?  Did you download the tax file ending in .tax2015 in addition to the 2015 program?  You don't transfer it.  You OPEN the .tax2015 file.  Go to File-Open.

Tax2015 transfer failed

Sorry I was not clear. I already have TurboTax 2015 premier installed. I opened it and wanted to transfer information from a file of type "TAX2015".  Browse cannot find it because it is expecting tax2014 etc. Looks like it can only transfer from tax2014 and NOT from tax2015. When I had originally saved it 2 years ago I must not have saved it in the right format.

Tax2015 transfer failed

Like I said you do not transfer it.  You just Open the .tax2015 file in the program.

Tax2015 transfer failed

Thank you so much. That problem is now solved ie it found TAX2015 file. However when I tried to copy 3 states, it is asking me to pay for them again. But I had already paid for them in 2015. I will contact TurboTax or ask the community in a different thread. Appreciate the help. This whole problem came up because my computer has a new os now and all the old files were deleted.

Tax2015 transfer failed