Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I had fax the form 1095a and 8962 to the irs today, will my refund go up or still be same, how long will it take the irs to processed the forms

You were right, two days after I sent the form 8962 in, I received a letter from the IRS requesting it and a copy of the 1095A.  So I sent them the 1095A with the cover letter.  Hopefully these forms get to the rt place.  They must have a file on me to add and compare information right?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I had fax the form 1095a and 8962 to the irs today, will my refund go up or still be same, how long will it take the irs to processed the forms

@Jtrap You said you mailed the letter and 1095-A. I hope you included the 8962 as well. Everything gets mailed different places and different branches do NOT cross check.

If you did not include the 8962, call the number on your form and talk to them. They may be able to find it in the computer, if they are willing to dig.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

The form 8962 went out a few days b4 I'd received the IRS letter, I had read that it wasn't necessary to include 1095A form so I sent just my 8962 filled out.  When I got my letter at that point I mailed them the 1095A and the cover letter.  

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

Your refund is likely to go up or down. The IRS is asking you to fill out the 8962 because you didn't take the health care premium tax credit. Since the credit is refundable, it means your refund will increase so long as you are eligible for the credit.  

[Edited: 04/07/2020   |   7:34 pm}]

I'm just concerned if it'll finally get processed, started this on 2/9

The forms did go to the Missouri address however at different times, like I said I knew that they needed that 8962, so I just went ahead and submitted it.  Few days later I was notified formally so at this point I'm just wondering and waiting.

My concern was that I only sent that form on its own, because I had read on the turbo forums that it was the only one required.  

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

@Jtrap

You might try calling the IRS at the number on the letter you were sent, but with the Coronavirus, they’re likely to be very short-staffed on the phones.

It wouldn’t be a bad idea to send both forms to them, just to make sure they have all of your information, in one place.

Be sure to attach a letter stating what you’ve indicated here – that you’ve sent each form, separately.  The examiner or clerk looking at your letter and forms will be able to tell on your account whether or not each form has been received and processed, and take appropriate actions.

I faxed mine 7 weeks ago yesterday.  Still nothing and when I check it, it says processing.  Getting very frustrating!!

BillM223
Expert Alumni

@Jtrap

If you did what your particular letter form the IRS said to do, then you did the right thing. Don't worry about what other people did.

I didn't wait for the letter, I realized what I was missing, filled out the 8962 and mailed it to Missouri.  Few days days later I got the notice.  Now I'm in limbo wondering wth is going on.

It's so annoying, turbo sucks!  If I had some forewarning I'd have had my return months ago!  Never again!

Not to mention when I amended the health I got upgraded to some garbage plan that didn't help in any way.  $118 dollars down the drain!

SJPeak83

Turbo didn’t ask me for this information either but was on top of taking that $40 out of my checking account when my refund didn’t come as quick as they said! Didn’t even bother to ask what was taking so long - Turbo is a RIP OFF and I will NOT be using this service again!

It's Garbage!  Im a **bleep**ing bartender!  Shouldn't be this difficult to process a w-2

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies