marett

Tax withholding

I did not WH enough tax on my 2021 pensions, etc, and was required to pay a quarterly Withholding.  I also corrected my Withhholding through my "Payers" to cover 2022 taxes better.  I have paid two quarterly amounts - $3342.  How will those show up in my TurboTax report for 2022?  Will I receive some notification from the IRS that I have paid those two quarterly payments and so this amount will be added to the withholding for 2022?  Usually the withheld taxes show up in section 4 of my 1099-Rs, but this will not be the case this time since it wasn't withheld from my income.

KarenL4

Tax withholding

Hi, marett,

The IRS will not tell you directly how much you sent in for estimated tax payments.  However, you can view your payments (and make new ones) via your online IRS account.  Here is a link.  Note, the first time you use the account, you will need to verify your identity (typically by answering credit reporting questions).

When you enter your data in TurboTax, there will be a question about whether you made other tax payments.  You can put those payments in then.  Here is an article for this year's program. It will likely be the same next year.

Cheer this response with a thumbs up!