Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

System error msvcp140. And the runtime error. Tried everything as said on my computer

This is truly a nightmare! I’m using the same computer and doing the same thing I do every year. It’s always frustrating to load turbo tax as it involves other apps or something but this year is the worst. I will not purchase this ever again and if I hadn’t spent the 120 for the premier I would stop now. I’m loading chrome browser now and hoping that will work. I got that information off an internet search since trying to get any help with the turbo tax is another valley of confusion. Sign in here, look tax help, look tech support. Here’s coins to ask a question. What is this mess? I’ve tried my regular computer, I tried my new acer chrome book only to find out it doesn’t work with that. I tried a dell computer and got the same errors. I have to purchase the desktop version so I can do both our taxes and not pay per as online. Lastly since most new computers don’t have a cd reader I had to get one of those as well. Turbo tax is now Microsoft as is most of everything now and they can make it as confusing and frustrating as they want. All they had to do was put that code update in the new upload. Yeah it’s that simple. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

System error msvcp140. And the runtime error. Tried everything as said on my computer

A portion of 2023 TurboTax needs the x86 version of the Visual C++ Redistributable package and the installer fails to install it.  You can obtain it from Microsoft:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies