Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mouied
Returning Member

Submitted taxes before due date, irs replied with a rejection trying to fix w7 form by sending passport but there is delay since it's coming from int what should i do ?

I applied for taxes before april 18 (due date for taxes) applied jointly while my husband is in the uk . The irs replied sometime in august saying that w7 is rejected in addition to taxes since signature is not by hand and for w7 because his passport did not sent to them, so i asked him to send his passport but right now the passport is with usa clearance and am not sure what should I do in this case? because I don't know how long it's gonna take for them and my 2021 taxes is not filed yet any advice would be appreciated
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Submitted taxes before due date, irs replied with a rejection trying to fix w7 form by sending passport but there is delay since it's coming from int what should i do ?

Nothing you can do but comply with the notice you got ASAP. 

If you are getting a refund the timing makes no difference.  If you owed then the IRS goes by the postmark on the original  filing no matter when the return is finally forwarded to the IRS and is processed.  

with an invalid registration, the IRS may deny the return or change it to married filing single because your husband does not have a valid ITIN. once he gets an ITIN, an amended return can be filed. all you can do is wait to see what the iRS does 

Mouied
Returning Member

How to comply with the notice, if I don't have his hand signature and passport so I can send it to IRS? and yes am supposed to receive refund 

Mouied
Returning Member

but am not able to send his passport for w7 form to be processed, and they already denied w7 and taxes since it has electronic signatures that we fixed but now they are with usa clearance as they are shipped from uk to usa

Hand signature :  GET IT ... mail him a paper copy you have signed and have him ink sign it and return it to you ... you should have done this in the first place. 

Passport :  GET IT ... again it was supposed to be sent with the W-7 in the first place or a certified copy.  

Mouied
Returning Member

we are trying to get the passport and the hand signature but they are being on hold for more than a month by now and that's why am concerned about what should i do in this case 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies