stdt0214

Stimulus Registration

Hello, I followed the link for the stimulus registration from an article claiming it was a way to update bank info with the IRS. I have already filed a refund for 2019, but did not realize until after I'd already completed the registration that this was for people who hadn't yet filed or don't need to. Is there any way to halt this? All I wanted to do was update my direct deposit information. I didn't want to file another return and got confused on the wording when it asked if I was required to file. I assumed not, because I already had. I don't want this to be flagged as fradulent or mess up future filings. Is there any way to stop this? Thank you

AmyC

Stimulus Registration

Your new return should reject since the social security number has already been used in a return. Please check your email for updates. No worries!