masree82

Stimulus Check Registration site

Hello,

Many people are asking whether they need to also use the IRS portal they created even though they already submitted their information on the TurboTax stimulus check registration site.   Are you a 100% confident that the IRS received people's information from the TurboTax site?

AnnetteB6

Stimulus Check Registration site

Yes, the information submitted through the TurboTax registration site is being transmitted to the IRS.  

You can either use the IRS portal to register your information for people not required to file a tax return, or you can use the TurboTax registration site.  You should not do both.  

@masree82

AnnetteB6

Stimulus Check Registration site

@masree82

aprilkame

Stimulus Check Registration site

I used turbotax registration to provide my direct deposit information on the 7th of April. Today I downloaded a copy.of that and it is not showing my bank information its blank. You say not to use both so how am I supposed to give them my direct deposit information when yours didn't do it. I can't afford to wait for a paper check

masree82

Stimulus Check Registration site

Hey,

so on April 17th, the IRS is launching an application to allow people to check their stimulus payment  status.  The application will also allow you to update your banking information. 

Here is the link:  you will notice that it's not active just yet but it should be by Friday.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments