Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

emdemoore

State Txes

I filed my taxes on time and I knew that I would owe Federal and State. I was sure both payments went through because of the dollar amount left on the card I used. Now a few months later I receive a letter in the mail saying I owe State taxes. My question is how come there is not a stop, select your state, follow these instructions to make your state payment. Turbo Tax left to much speculation to the user that the payment for both federal and state were paid at the same time. After this year I do not think I will be using turbo tax anymore. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

State Txes

In the File section of the TurboTax program when taxes are owed, you are given specific options on how to pay the both the Federal and State taxes owed.  For the state taxes, there are options that are unique for each state since many states do not allow direct debit from a bank account nor payment by credit card when using personal tax preparation software programs.  The user would be given instructions and a link to the state for direct debit payments and payment with a credit card.

You will need to look at the State Filing Instructions page for how you selected to pay the state taxes owed.

If using the TurboTax desktop editions, open the program and continue the 2023 tax return.  Then click on Forms.  In Forms mode click on and open the Filing Instructions for the state.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2023 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies