Hlira

State taxes

I filed my 2020 tax return in New Mexico and used my address off my Arkansas license. I lived in New Mexico and filed state return there with proof of address I lived at in New Mexico. Included on my w-2. Now Arkansas is trying to hit me up for over $8,000 even after sending them my return with proof of living in New Mexico. Can they do this??

tagteam

State taxes

You might want to consult with a local tax professional.

https://taxexperts.naea.org/listing/service/multi-state

TomD8

State taxes

Did you actually make a permanent move from Arkansas to New Mexico, or were you in New Mexico temporarily while maintaining your main, primary home in Arkansas?

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
Hlira

State taxes

I permanently moved to New Mexico for 2 years but used the address on my arkansas license. I never got a new mexico driver's license. 

Hlira

State taxes

Thank you. I'm going down to H&R block on Monday to see if they can help me straighten it out.