turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State Tax Returns

I worked in multiple states and payroll withheld taxes for NY, NC, MA,NJ as well as my home state, GA. In the past, when I get to the State taxes tab in TurboTax Premier Desktop for Mac, TT would show all those states I worked in and "download" next to each state. This year, it only shows GA. Now, I know I can manually download those states - but if they always appeared in the past, it was reassuring knowing the TT knew I had to file those state returns. I think if I just manually download those states, TT won't transfer my information. At $45 each - I don't want to be wasting $$$ and time. I think it's a TT bug. Any solutions, suggestions? Thanks.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

State Tax Returns

In the personal info section, did you select that you worked in multiple states and select all the other states you worked in?  If not, you will need to go back to the Personal Info section and click edit and answer yes to the question did you earn money in other states. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

State Tax Returns

In the personal info section, did you select that you worked in multiple states and select all the other states you worked in?  If not, you will need to go back to the Personal Info section and click edit and answer yes to the question did you earn money in other states. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

State Tax Returns

I actually got that answer from Intuit over the phone. I don't remember doing that in previous years (checking the box in Personal Info section). I did see that I glossed over the question, my fault. Is the personal info question new or has it always been there? Thanks. I think I have to go back and give you correct answer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies