rsimon9228

state refund

Last year - after doing a lot of work, I found out that I couldn't use the basic version of online turbo tax since I had a state refund the previous year.  Is that still true? I want to know before I start.  It would be cheaper for me to buy the software.

HelenC1

state refund

It's true that the TurboTax Online Free Edition does not include Schedule 1, Additional Income and Adjustments to Income, where your state taxable refund(s) are entered. 

• However, if your state refund is not taxable, you should be able to use the TurboTax Online Free Edition.

The TurboTax CD/Download Basic Edition includes Schedule 1, Additional Income and Adjustments to Income, where your state taxable refund(s) are entered. 

• Note: The TurboTax CD/Download Basic Edition is best for simple returns where you don't need to file a state return.

rsimon9228

state refund

Thank you.. I took the standard deduction last year so I guess the state refund isn't taxable..  Should be ok to use the basic version.