Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

State Questions

I'm the only one who earns income from Alabama State. My spouse does not earn any in Alabama. Should I answer yes or no?

Y N.png

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

State Questions

The question is not specific to Alabama income so if she had income, answer Yes.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

State Questions

1. Where to sign & date on form 500 (Georgia)? Do I HAVE TO Sign when mail filing?

2. About mail filing, I do NOT have to mail "Filing Instructions" & "Schedule C/F Adjustments", right? Are they for me only (not for states)?

The Georgia state only needs to mail them "Forms 525, 500 & 40NR", yes?

Dont have to.png

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

State Questions

Yes, you need to sign and date the return when filing by mail.  Both spouses must sign a joint return, even if only one has income.  

The signature is your declaration, under penalties of perjury, that you’ve examined the return and that, to the best of your knowledge and belief, it’s true, correct and complete.

You’ll need to sign and date the return in the areas provided on page 5 of Georgia Form 500.  

No, you don’t need to mail in the filing instructions but, as you suggest, send in Forms 500, 525 and 40NR.  There’s no requirement in the instructions, which can be found at IT-511 Individual Income Tax Booklet, to include the Schedule C/F Adjustments you’re referring to.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies