Son is 18 and lives with me. he filed his taxes for p/t job and checked someone can claim you as a depend. now our return was rejected because it says he claimed himself.

He made a $1030 for the year. His return has box checked saying someone can claim you as a dependent. I claimed him as a dependent on our return and received a $500 dependent credit. We tried to e file and our return was rejected because it says he was claimed as a dependent on his own return. On box 8 of his return has a amount of $1327 entered. He used TurboTax also. Do we need to leave our return as it is and mail it in? Thank You

Yes, leave your return as is and mail it in order to claim your son and receive the credit.