Solved: So I wasn't sure how doing taxes really work. I pa...

chanae215

So I wasn't sure how doing taxes really work. I paid My PA Taxes before I filed my taxes. I actually filed today and it's asking me to pay how do I skip that step?

bluedeb

Choose to pay by check, that will get you through the rest of the interview to file your taxes.  A payment voucher may print out after you file your return, but since you already paid the taxes due you can just throw out the payment voucher.

bluedeb

Carl

Also pay attention to "what" it's asking you to pay. If it's saking you to pay your TurboTax fees, then you haven't paid TurboTax yet for the use of their program. You  won't be able to e-file until you pay. (Unless you specifically elected to pay your TurboTax fees out of your ***FEDERAL*** tax refund, if you are getting one.)

If you have already paid in the PA taxes then they should be entered in the program and be reflected on the return so the end result is a zero refund/balance due return.   

To enter, change or delete a payment made with an extension request (Federal, State, Local) -

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
  • On Other Income Taxes, click on the start or update button

On the next screen select the type of extension payment made and click on the start or update button