Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ivconner

So i've been over seas for 8 years (unplanned adventure) and had no idea I needed to file/pay taxes back home. I don't owe taxes but this says I need a u.s credit card?

Is there a way of paying without a u.s credit card?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

So i've been over seas for 8 years (unplanned adventure) and had no idea I needed to file/pay taxes back home. I don't owe taxes but this says I need a u.s credit card?

If you are a U.S.citizen, you are required to file U.S. tax returns for your worldwide income.   In order to pay for using TurboTax you need a U.S. based credit or debit card.   If you are abroad, you may be able to purchase a prepaid Visa or Mastercard debit card, etc.  with a U.S. based address from a U.S. embassy, etc.  However, you will not be able to use TurboTax to prepare tax returns for returns going as far back as eight years.   TT software is available only back to tax year 2020.   If you need to prepare returns for the past eight years, you should seek paid professional tax help.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies