Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

samoneko

So I have already sent out my return here on turbo tax but as most know my stimulus is being sent out on February 2nd like many of Americans will my return just get rejected and I take off the part wh

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

So I have already sent out my return here on turbo tax but as most know my stimulus is being sent out on February 2nd like many of Americans will my return just get rejected and I take off the part wh

Stimulus payment information is not a rejection criteria.  However, if your return is rejected for some reason, it will be sent back to you.  At that time you can make any/all corrections needed.  If not, you must wait for your return to be processed.  

The IRS has not provided any guidelines for this situation.  The IRS may catch the error and correct.  It will be a very common occurrence based on the timing of the stimulus payments and the tax filing season.  

Here is a link to monitor for any updates to the Recovery Rebate Credit. 

[edited 1/28/2021 11:22 EST] 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Samkneko

Well I would edit it but it won't let me because it's already sent off thru the turbo tax I guess it s just sitting there what if they don't catch it and I cash my check when it arrives

DawnC
Expert Alumni

If they don't catch it, you will need to file an amended return - later.   It won't matter if you cash the check or not.  

The IRS is not accepting tax returns until Feb 12th.  If you have already submitted your return, you will notice that you can't make changes because your return is 'pending'.  That will not change until mid-Feb.  

If you receive a stimulus payment while your return is being processed, wait until your return gets rejected or accepted.  If it gets rejected, you can make the change on your return before you re-submit the return.  If it gets accepted, wait until your return is fully processed and you have received your refund.   If the IRS adjusts your return, you don't have to do anything.   But if they don't adjust it and you got the payment and claimed the rebate, it is only then that you would need to file an amended return.   So, you are not going to know if you need to do the amendment until around the end of February.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies